|New Jersey General Assembly District 12|
|2012 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Master's||University of Richmond|
|Profession||Director of Government and Community Affairs, Comcast Cable|
Clifton's professional experience includes working as director of government affairs at Comcast Cable Corp and director of industry relations at New Jersey Pavement and Asphalt Association. He served as the mayor of Matawan from 1996-2005.
Clifton earned his B.A. in political science from Rider University and his M.S. in political science from University of Richmond.
Clifton ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 12. Clifton is bracketed with Ronald Dancer. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He is challenged by Lawrence J. Furman (D) and Nicholas Nellegar (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Clifton won election to District 12 of the New Jersey General Assembly. Clifton and Ronald Dancer ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7. They then defeated Catherine Tinney Rome and William Spedding in the November 8 general election.
In 2011, Clifton received $120,429 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Clifton's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$24,295|
|Bramnick For Assembly||$5,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$120,429|
|Total Votes received in 2011||17,402|
|Cost of each vote received||$6.92|
Clifton and his wife, Tracy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Clifton + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 12," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 12," October 24, 2011
- Official Campaign Website New Jersey General Assembly- Hon. Robert Clifton
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Robert Clifton
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- Middlesex County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Monmouth County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Ocean County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12
| Succeeded by|