|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Nineteenth Suffolk|
|1991 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Suffolk University School of Law, 1976|
|Birthday||March 27, 1950|
|Place of birth||Winthrop, Massachusette|
DeLeo served as a Selectman from 1978 to 1988. He has also been vice chair of the Winthrop Democratic Town Committee.
DeLeo's professional experience includes working as an attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, DeLeo served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, DeLeo has yet to be appointed to any committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
DeLeo won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Nineteenth Suffolk District. DeLeo was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Paul Caruccio (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Nineteenth Suffolk District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robert DeLeo Incumbent||77.6%||11,455|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Nineteenth Suffolk District (2010)|
|Robert DeLeo (D)||8,195|
DeLeo raised $477,060 for his campaign.
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Nineteenth Suffolk (2008)|
|Robert A. DeLeo (D)||11,381|
Comprehensive donor information for DeLeo is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, DeLeo raised a total of $2,799,850 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 20, 2013.
|Robert DeLeo's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$781,304|
|2010||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$894,820|
|2008||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$477,060|
|2006||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$330,945|
|2004||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$88,455|
|2002||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$88,177|
|2000||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$98,389|
|1998||Massachusetts House, Nineteenth Suffolk||$40,700|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,799,850|
2012DeLeo won re-election to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, DeLeo raised a total of $781,304.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert DeLeo's campaign in 2012|
|DeLeo, Robert A.||$7,780|
|Massachusetts Organization of State Engineers & Scientists||$1,500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 537||$1,500|
|Commercial Real Estate Development Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$781,304|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, DeLeo received $894,820 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert DeLeo's campaign in 2010|
|Service Employees International Union||$10,000|
|Deleo, Robert A||$4,092|
|On Time Companies||$2,635|
|Government Employees Local R1-282||$2,100|
|Total Raised in 2010||$894,820|
DeLeo raised $477,060 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Robert A. DeLeo||$4,384|
|National Government Employees||$3,000|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 17||$2,000|
|Three different donors||$1,500|
DeLeo is married to his wife, Barbara. He has been vice president of Friends of the Council on Aging, director of Friends of Parks and Recreation, and member of the Elks, Justinian Law Society, Knights of Columbus, Moose, Revere League for the Special Needs, Revere Santa Fund, and Sons of Italy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Robert + DeLeo + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. DeLeo
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed February 13, 2014
- 2008 Massachusetts Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money, ," ," accessed December 20, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Suffolk 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |