Difference between revisions of "Robert F. Martwick, Jr."
|Line 122:||Line 122:|
|votes2 = 3512
|votes2 = 3512
Revision as of 14:36, 18 July 2013
|Robert F. Martwick, Jr.|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 19|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Boston College, 1988|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School, 1996|
|Date of birth||February 28, 1966|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Martwick earned his B.A. from Boston College in 1988 and his J.D. from John Marshall Law School in 1996. His professional experience includes working as a litigation assistant for the Cook County States Attorney, trustee for Norwood Park Township, and serving on the Board of Directors of the Township Officials of Illinois.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Martwick served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business & Occupational Licenses|
|• Economic Development|
|• International Trade & Commerce|
|• Transportation: Vehicles & Safety|
Martwick's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Illinois must re-invest and expand its manufacturing sector. We cannot survive with only service based jobs."
- Excerpt: "We must re-write our tax code to ensure that we raise the revenue we need for our budget, but it must be raised in a way that is fair and equitable for all Illinois residents... we simply cannot continue to raise taxes to solve our problems."
- Public Employee Pensions
- Excerpt: "Government should always set the good example and provide adequate retirement benefits for the front-line and public safety workers who protect and serve our neighborhoods."
- Excerpt: "Our budget is broken. Years of financial mismanagement coupled with the downturn in the economy have left us on the brink of financial ruin."
- Excerpt: "Our system of education is woefully underfunded by our state government. This results in high property taxes and schools that don't have the resources to properly educate our children."
- Reproductive Health Care
- Excerpt: "Every woman is entitled to make health decisions with the advice of her doctor and without the intrusion of politicians. I am pro-choice and will always oppose legislation that infringes upon a woman's right to choose."
Martwick won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 19. Martwick defeated Sandra Stoppa in the March 20 Democratic primary, and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 19, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robert F. Martwick, Jr.||100%||25,598|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Robert F. Martwick, Jr.||57.8%||4,810|
Comprehensive donor information for Martwick is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Martwick raised a total of $209,396 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
|Robert F. Martwick, Jr.'s Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 19||$209,396|
|Grand Total Raised||$209,396|
2012Martwick won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Martwick raised a total of $209,396.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert F. Martwick, Jr.'s campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Education Association||$9,000|
|Bill Colson Attorney At Law||$6,000|
|Lavelle, Martha Jane||$6,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$209,396|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Martwick is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Robert + Martwick + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube channel
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Martwick Jr, Robert F," accessed July 18, 2013
Joseph M. Lyons (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |