|Idaho State Senate, District 31|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Chairman of the Idaho Tax Commission|
Geddes graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Geology from Utah State University in 1981.
In addition to being a Senator, Geddes is an Environmental Engineer for Monsato.
Cameron was a member of these committees:
Selling the Governor's mansion
“I intend to introduce legislation to sell the governor’s mansion if I am re-elected,” said Burgoyne in an Oct. 28 debate with Perez.
This hilltop home boasts a nice view of Boise and was valued at $2.8 million Simplot gave it to the state. It is unused at this time.
The fund paying for upkeep of the house – mowing, watering, and electricity – is running out. The fund, money saved from the sale of a previous governor’s mansion, began with $1.5 million in the coffers, but has since dwindled to a little more than $1 million, according to reports.
Robert Geddes said that anyone working on legislation to sell the mansion should be respectful to the Simplot family. “Is it an option to sell it?” asked Geddes.
“Yes, I think that’s an option, but we need to extend courtesy to the Simplot family and ask them about it. Maybe even offer it back to them,” said Geddes.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 31 (2010)|
|Robert Geddes (R)||12,336||100.0%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 31 (2008)|
|Robert Geddes (R)||16,225|
In 2008, Geddes collected $46,650 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Jr. Simplot Co.||$2,000|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$2,000|
Geedes represented Idaho Senate District 31. Senate District 31 includes all of Caribou County.
Robert is married to Tammy Geddes. They have five children and reside in Soda Springs, Idaho.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- "Otter taps Geddes as newest member of tax commission oversight board," Idaho Reporter, By Dustin Hurst, January 18th, 2011
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- "Burgoyne crafting legislation to force sale of governor’s mansion," Idaho Reporter November 15th, 2010
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Geddes Campaign Donors
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|