|Delaware House of Representatives District 19|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 8, 2013
Gilligan is a Counselor at Delaware Technical College.
He served as House Minority Whip from 1985-1995, and Majority Leader from 1983-1984.
Gilligan did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gilligan has been appointed to these committees:
- Ethics Committee
- House Administration Committee
- House Rules Committee
- Legislative Council Committee, Chair
- Veterans Affairs Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gilligan served on these committees:
Gilligan's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1 - "allows the public to have access to meetings of the Delaware General Assembly except for caucuses. Additionally, the bill allows the public to have access to records of the Delaware General Assembly."
- HB 260 - "eliminates the personal income tax exemption for Delaware lottery winnings."
- HB 262 - "increases the current State surcharge on each document or paper recorded or filed with the county recorders from $6 to $30."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
| Delaware House of Representatives, District 19 |
2010 General election results
|Robert Gilligan (D)||4,527||73.4%|
|Vincent Ruff (R)||1,643||26.6%|
On November 4, 2008, Gilligan won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives from Delaware's 19th District, defeating Joseph Sakeley (R) and Stephen Annand (BEP). Gilligan received 6,482 votes in the election while Sakeley received 1,729 votes, and Annand received 59 votes. Gilligan raised $28,750 for his campaign; Sakeley raised $2,351, and Annand raised $200.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 19|
|Robert Gilligan (D)||6,482||78.4%|
|Joseph Sakeley (R)||1,729||20.9%|
|Stephen Annand (BEP)||59||0.7%|
In 2010, Gilligan raised $45,289 in contributions. 
Contributions have not all been submitted yet.
Below are Gilligan's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Delaware Bankers Assoc||$600|
|Electrical Workers Local 313||$600|
|Wilmington Trust Corp||$600|
- Delaware House of Representatives - Rep. Robert Gilligan
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Delaware House District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |