Difference between revisions of "Robert Hedlund"
|Line 257:||Line 257:|
| align="right" | $800
| align="right" | $800
Revision as of 13:55, 1 August 2014
|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth and Norfolk|
|1990 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||25|
|Assistant Minority Leader, Massachusetts Senate|
|2010 - present|
|Minority Whip, Massachusetts Senate|
|2006 - 2010|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Deputy Commissioner, Metropolitan District Commission|
|1993 - 1994|
|Date of birth||July 12, 1961|
|Place of birth||Quincy, Massachusetts|
Hedlund served in the Senate from 1991 to 1993. He has served on the Metropolitan District Commission as deputy commissioner; the Republican Liberty Caucus National Advisory Board; the SWNA Revise Committee; the National Republican Libertarian Caucus; and the Republican Town Committee for the Town of Weymouth.
Hedlund attended Quincy Junior College, the University of Massachusetts-Boston, and the Wentworth Institute of Technology. His professional experience includes working as a small truck repair business owner from 1979 to 1994, president of Hedlund Motors Incorporated from 1982 to 1992, and a partner in Auto, Truck and Marine Service from 1992 to 1995.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hedlund served on the following committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hedlund served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hedlund served on these committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Community Development and Small Business Joint|
|• Global Warming and Climate Change|
|• Housing Joint|
|• Labor and Workforce Development Joint|
|• Post Audit and Oversight|
|• Public Health Joint|
|• Transportation Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Robert Hedlund was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Hedlund won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth and Norfolk District. Hedlund was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and defeated Genevieve S. Davis (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth and Norfolk District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Robert Hedlund Incumbent||68.3%||61,686|
Robert Hedlund discusses education policy reform in a video released in September 2013.
Hedlund won re-election to the Plymouth and Norfolk District seat in 2010. He had no opposition. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Plymouth and Norfolk District|
|Robert Hedlund (R)||52,617|
|Paul Kearny (I)||17,884|
On November 4, 2008, Hedlund won re-election for the Senate election for the Plymouth and Norfolk district. In this election he raised $87,141; of that total $80,186 (97.2%) was from in state contributions and $2,300 (2.8%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Plymouth and Norfolk district|
|Robert Hedlund (R)||71,447|
In 2012, Hedlund received $66,260 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Hedlund's campaign in 2012|
|Massachusetts Republican Party||$4,000|
|Professional Fire Fighters of Massachusetts||$1,250|
|Massachusetts Association of Realtors||$1,200|
|Quirk, Daniel J||$1,000|
|Beer Distributors of Massachusetts||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$$66,260|
In 2010, Hedlund received $81,641 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Hedlund's campaign in 2010|
|Mackinnon, Donald J||$1,000|
|Spurr Jr, John H||$750|
|Kostinden, Thomas V||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$81,641|
In 2008 Robert Hedlund collected $87,141 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Massachusetts Association of Realtors||$800|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.===2013===
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
Robert Hedlund was born in Quincy, Massachusetts and raised in Wenmouth, Massachusetts. He has been involved with a number of organizations, including the Beacon Hill Institute, Fully Informed Jury Association, Gun Owners' Action League, Massachusetts Representative State Committee, South Shore Elder Services, Hingham Sons of Italy, and the Weymouth Lodge Elks #2232.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Robert + Hedlund + Massachusetts + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Robert Hedlund on Facebook
- Robert Hedlund on Twitter
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Hedlund
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List, "Massachusetts Secretary of State," accessed June 26, 2012
- 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2012 - Candidates," accessed June 18, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- 2008 contributors to Robert Hedlund
|Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth and Norfolk
| Succeeded by|