|Iowa State Senate District 33|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa, 1988|
|Master's||University of Minnesota, 1991|
|J.D.||University of Minnesota, 1995|
|Birthday||January 24, 1967|
|Place of birth||Iowa City, IA|
Hogg earned his BA from the University of Iowa in 1988. He later received his MA and JD from the University of Minnesota.
Hogg is an attorney for Elderkin & Pirnie.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hogg served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hogg served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hogg served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Environment & Energy Independence Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rebuild Iowa Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa gubernatorial election, 2014
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
Hogg won re-election to the 19th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate with no opposition. He received 15,481 votes.
Hogg had no opposition in the June 8th Democratic primary election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 1 (2010) General Election|
|Robert Hogg (D)||15,481||100%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 19 (2006)|
|Robert Hogg (D)||14,112|
|Renee Shulte (R)||9,721|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Hogg was up for re-election, he collected $42,968 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Hawaii State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Hogg's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$2,500|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$2,000|
|Iowa State Bar Association||$1,700|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$42,968|
In 2006 Hogg collected $371,508 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$219,520|
|Linn Phoenix Club||$10,000|
|Iowa State Bar Association||$7,654|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$5,774|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Robert + Hogg + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Hogg and his wife, Kate, have three children.
- Sen. Hogg's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Robert Hogg
- Iowa State Senate Website
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
Jack Hatch (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|
Jack Whitver (R)