|Louisiana State Senate District 35|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 17, 2007|
|First elected||November, 2003|
|Next election||November 19, 2011|
|J.D.||Louisiana State University School of Law, 1957|
Kostelka attended both Louisiana State University and Centenary College. He went on to earn his JD from Louisiana State University School of Law in 1957. He then completed his Training for Prosecuting Attorneys at Northwestern University School of Law.
Kostelka was District Attorney/Assistant District Attorney for the Fourth District Court from 1964 to 1971. He then worked as Louisiana District Judge for the Fourth Judicial District Court of Louisiana from 1983 to 1986, 1991 to 1992, and 1997 to 1998. He also was a Judge for the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeal in 1999.
Kostelka joined the Louisiana State Senate in 2003. He has served in that position since, representing the 35th district.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Kostelka has been appointed to the following committees:
- Judiciary C, Chairman
- Labor & Industrial Relations
- Revenue & Fiscal Affairs
- Senate & Governmental Affairs
- Joint Legislative Capital Outlay
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Kostelka served on the following committees:
In the 2008-2009 legislative session, Kostelka served on the following committees:
- See also: Louisiana State Senate elections, 2011
Kostelka ran for re-election in 2011. He defeated Jeff Guerriero (R) in the October 22 primary. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary. However, if no candidate reaches this threshold, then a general election would have taken place on November 19, 2011 between the top-two vote getters.
|Louisiana State Senate District 35 Blanket Primary, 2011|
|Republican||Robert Kostelka Incumbent||52%||14,644|
In 2007 Robert Kostelka was re-elected to the Louisiana State Senate District 35. Kostelka's vote totals are not available because he ran unopposed. He raised $112,699 for his campaign fund.
In 2007, a year in which Kostelka was up for election, he collected $112,699 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Louisiana Restaurant Association-PAC||$5,000|
|Johnston Perry Johnson & Associates||$4,800|
|Louisiana Association of Business and Industry||$3,516|
|Green Clinic Management Inc||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Robert + Kostelka + Louisiana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Debts aimed helping State Police - The Advocate
- Louisiana Senate committee shoots down bill to take election of state ... - NOLA.com
- Senate panel rejects election of education chief - KSLA-TV
- Gun bills advance in committee - The Daily Advertiser
- House passed gun bills OK'd by Senate panel - The Advocate
- Jindal counts few friends as Legislature bucks his leadership - The lens
- Education sparks sharp debate - The Advocate
- Tougher penalties for battery, inmate drug possession and funeral protests ... - NOLA.com
- Seafood board bills will float a little longer - Daily Comet
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Kostelka and his wife, Felicia, have five children.
- Official Louisiana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
|Louisiana State Senate District 35
| Succeeded by|