|New Jersey State Senate District 37|
|Master's||State University of New York, Brooklyn|
Lebovics, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a nationally known Otolaryngologist with expertise in infectious and inflammatory disorders for both adults and children, nasal and sinus surgery, and disorders of the special senses. Lebovics also maintained a faculty appointment at Georgetown University where he lectured regularly and taught new physicians.
Lebovics received his medical degree from the State University of New York in Brooklyn.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Lebovics was defeated in the 2011 election for New Jersey Senate District 37. He ran unopposed in the primary on June 7, 2011. Lebovics was defeated by Democratic incumbent Loretta Weinberg in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 37 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Loretta Weinberg Incumbent||69.9%||23,141|
Lebovics lists these issues on his campaign website:
- Pensions - "New Jersey is bankrupt, and our pension system is even more bankrupt. In order for our public workers to receive pensions in the future, we need to fund the pension system. The problem is, that in order to fund the pension system to what is currently promised, we need to raise revenue somehow to fund it. New Jersey taxes are the highest in the Nation. There’s nowhere for taxes to be raised any higher than they are. We must find solutions to ensure that public workers who were promised pensions end up with some sort of pension when they retire."
- Education - "District 37 does not receive its fair share of its own tax dollars for its public schools. Our tax dollars leave Bergen County to pay for bloated inefficient schools statewide, while our property taxes have to be raised year after year to make up for the shortfall. All alternatives should be explored, charter schools, vouchers, whatever it takes. We shouldn’t be afraid to do all we can do to help educate our children, without being afraid of entrenched special interests, and people that are used to doing the same thing year after year."
- Economic Development - "Often, seniors and people that no longer need the New Jersey geographic location, pick up and move to somewhere with a nicer climate, and with a much lower tax burden. We must find a way to incentivize a way for people with money to stay in New Jersey, to move to New Jersey, to spend their money in New Jersey. We must end the New Jersey Estate Tax, to keep retirees, with money, here in New Jersey, and to keep them spending their money in New Jersey. We must find economic incentives to keep seniors and retirees to stay and to even move to New Jersey.
- Transportation - "Our transportation trust fund must be totally dedicated towards transportation and nothing else. The trust fund must be fully funded and given more funding than the current formulas. Our infrastructure needs more maintenance and upkeep and we need to find ways to fund new commuter transportation projects in New Jersey."
Lebovics is married and has three daughters.
District 37 encompasses Bergen County: Bergenfield, Bogota, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs, Hackensack, Leonia, Maywood, Palisades Park, Ridgefield Park, Rochelle Park, Teaneck, Tenafly.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 37," November 2, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 37," October 28, 2011
- Robert Lebovics on Facebook
- Robert Lebovics' YouTube channel
- Project Vote Smart biography on Robert Lebovics