|Virginia House of Delegates District 21|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Director of Business Development|
He lost his bid for re-election, defeated by Republican Ronald Villanueva in the November 3, 2009 general election. After a very close election Villanueva was certified the winner by the Virginia Beach electoral board.
On his official website, Mathieson lists three major issues: economy, education, and public safety.
- Economy - Richmond should be "cutting its own operating costs and cutting taxes for middle class families to help get through this recession."
- Education - "We need to do all we can to protect education funding because education is the best way to safeguard our economic future and keep us competitive."
- Public safety - "I have passed laws cracking down on sexual predators and fought for good wages and proper public safety funding levels from Richmond for those who protect our community."
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee, Virginia House
- Commerce and Labor Committee, Virginia House
- Counties, Cities and Towns Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Chesapeake (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Natural Resource
- Transportation Committee, Virginia House
- HB 1953 Guidelines on recycling and waste reduction activities; requires Board of Education to establish.
- HB 1954 Driving under influence of alcohol; law-enforcement officer to arrest without warrant.
- HB 1955 Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use of while driving except in an emergency.
The top 5 donors to Mathieson's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Democratic House Caucus $270,953
- 2. VA Democratic Party $131,076
- 3. Moving VA Forward $59,750
- 4. One Virginia $21,000
- 5. Leadership for VA $20,000
- Delegate Mathieson official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Mathieson
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |