|U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 38|
|Bachelor's||Bradley University, 1977|
|Master's||Bradley University, 1982|
|Ph.D.||Northern Illinois University, 2004|
|Birthday||April 30, 1956|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Kelly earned her BA and MA from Bradley University in 1977 and 1982, respectively. She served in the Illinois State House of Representatives from 2002 to 2006.
Kelly is running in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election is being held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.. Kelly is running in the Democratic primary on February 26, 2012. The general election takes place on April 9, 2013.
- Bobby Rush, current U.S. Representative, Illinois 1st congressional district:
- "Robin Kelly is a woman of integrity and conviction, and President Obama, Congressman Davis and I need her as our partner in ending gun violence."
- Mike Quigley, current U.S. Representative, Illinois' 5th congressional district:
- "Robin has proven herself to be a dedicated public servant and is the right person to represent Chicago and the Southland."
- Danny Davis, current U.S. Representative, Illinois' 7th congressional district:
- "[Kelly is the right person] if we are going to stop the NRA in their tracks, and make our communities safe again."
- Jan Schakowsky, current U.S. Representative, Illinois' 9th congressional district:
- "One of the reasons is the gun issue. [Kelly] has the view that we need to do some sensible violence prevention legislation."
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Kelly and her husband, Nathaniel, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robin + Kelly + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Robin Kelly for Congress official campaign website
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Advisory Board profile at Northern Illinois University
- Chicago Tribune, "Candidates start filing for Jackson Jr.'s old seat in Congress," January 3, 2013
- Chicago Tribune, "Kelly wins lottery for top spot on ballot to replace Jackson Jr.," January 8, 2013
- Chicago Tribune "U.S. Reps. Rush, Davis back Kelly for Jackson Jr. seat," February 10, 2013
- eNews Park Forest "Congressman Mike Quigley Endorses Robin Kelly for 2nd Congressional District Special Election," February 19, 2013
- Roll Call "Illinois: Schakowsky to Endorse Robin Kelly in Special Election," February 13, 2013
- Project Vote Smart biography
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |