For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York State Assembly District 140|
|1977 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||38|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Canisius College, Buffalo, 1969|
|J.D.||New York University School of Law, 1972|
|Date of birth||09/17/1947|
|Place of birth||North Tonawanda, NY|
Schimminger is an attorney.
Schimminger attended the William Butler Yeats International School of Literature, University of College in Dublin; earned a BA from Canisius College, Buffalo; and a JD from New York University School of Law. He is married to Melinda Downey.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schimminger has been appointed to the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Schimminger served on the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Schimminger ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 140. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He was defeated by Charles M. Gilbert in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 140, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robin Schimminger Incumbent||69.7%||37,153|
|Republican||Charles M. Gilbert||30.3%||16,141|
|New York State Assembly, District 140 2010|
|Robin Schimminger (D)||21,784|
|Kevin Stocker (R)||17,817|
On November 4, 2008 Schimminger won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 140, defeating opponent Janice Tennant (WF).
Schimminger raised $234,532 for her campaign while Tennant raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 140 2008|
|Robin Schimminger (D)||36,354|
|Janice Tennant (WF)||3,755|
In 2010, Schimminger received $223,673 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robin Schimminger's campaign in 2010|
|Benderson Management Services||$5,063|
|Garnet Wines & Liquors||$3,800|
|Dodds Liquor City Corp||$3,800|
|Phillips Lytle Hitchcock Blaine & Huber||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$223,673|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Robin + Schimminger + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Robin Schimminger
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Schimminger
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly - District 140
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |