Rockwood School District, Missouri
|Transparency grading process|
Last rated on an unknown date.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 5 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2008 are available.
- Public Records
- The public information officer is identified and maintained by Kathy Chitwood. This person provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Academic performance reports for the school are posted online.
- Background Checks
- The criminal background check policy and teacher certification requirements are posted online.
The district is governed by a seven member Board of Education. School Board elections are held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in April. The Board can only take action by a majority vote at a legally called public meeting. Current board members include:
The group of citizens requested a state audit of the district over concerns about school board member (formerly President) Steve Smith's dual roles as board member and project coordinator for Glenn Construction, Co. The construction company has overseen all of the district's bond-related projects for the past 14 years. Smith has abstained from voting on Glenn-related matters.
The current collective bargaining agreement, negotiated with the Rockwood National Education Association and effective July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2012, can be found here.
Beginning teacher salaries, as of December 2, 2011, stood at $39,097. The highest teacher's salary was $71,547.
Average teacher salaries are:
|Year|| Average total |
The current superintendent is Bruce T. Borchers. Since taking the position, Borchers has focused attention on the development of vision scorecards, a curriculum revision process, the creation of professional learning communities, and school improvement plans. The Superintendent's annual salary is $230,000 per year.
An organizational chart of the superintendents cabinet can be found here.
Average administrator salaries are:
|Year|| Average administrator |
Employees are represented by the Rockwood National Education Association. The RNEA, an affiliate organization of the National Education Association, represented all 1,684 education professionals in the district. The RNEA is an exclusive bargaining unit.
The 2011-2012 budgeted tax rate was $4.4630 per $100 of assessed valuation. 2011-2012 expenditures by category were:
The operating fund balance as of June 30, 2011 was $42,292,355.
Average expenditures per pupil are:
|Year|| Average expenditures |
Revenue sources as a percentage of total revenues are as follows:
|Revenue source||Percentage of total|
The 2011 graduation rate was 94.9%, compared to the state average of 86.7%. The dropout rate was 1.0%, compared to the state average of 3.4%. 62.7% of graduates entered a 4 year college or university, while 25.9% entered a 2 year college, and 0.2% entered a postsecondary technical institution. 83.55% of graduates took the ACT with a composite score of 24.10.
A group called Rockwood School District Stakeholders formed with the mission of keeping a district focus on fiscal responsibility, students, and teachers. Stake holders are "any student, parent, grandparent, taxpayer and business owner, living and/or involved in the Rockwood School District Community."
- District Home Page
- Rockwood School District Stakeholders
- Rockwood National Education Association
- About Us
- Rockwood School District, 2013 Budget Book, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Staff Directory, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Elected Officials, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Meeting Minutes and Agendas, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Meeting Dates, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Audits, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Bids, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Contracts, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Request for Public Records, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Tax Rates, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, School Report Cards, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Background Check, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Board, Frequently Asked Questions
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- "Missouri auditor to review Rockwood schools," Post-Dispatch.com, February 23, 2012
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Rockwood School District, District Report Card
- Areas of Focus
- Rockwood National Education Association, General Information
- 2011-2012 Fingetip Financial Facts
- Rockwood Stakeholders, About