|U.S. House, Iowa, District 1|
|Place of birth||Dubuque, Iowa|
|Profession||Business Owner and Real Estate Developer|
Blum is owner of Digital Canal Software.  He is also a student pilot, real estate developer, and writer of a conservative political newspaper column for the Telegraph Herald for the last ten years.
On March 27, 2013, Blum announced that he would enter the 2014 race for U.S. House in the 1st congressional district of Iowa. Incumbent Rep. Bruce Braley plans to run for U.S. Senate in 2014, which leaves the 1st district seat open.
Blum ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Iowa's 1st District. Blum sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. Bruce Braley ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Blum was defeated by Ben Lange in the Republican primary. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of March 16, 2012. The primary elections took place on June 5, 2012.
|U.S. House, Iowa, District 1 Republican Primary, 2012|
Blum is married to his wife, Karen, and a father to Trevor, Taylor, Tanner and Sophie, a stepfather to Autumn, and surrogate father to Malcolm, a former basketball player of Blum's from Chicago.
- Marion Patch "Rod Blum Enters First Congressional District Race" Accessed March 28, 2013
- KCCI "June 5 Iowa State Primary Election Results" Accessed June 5, 2012
- Rod Blum for Congress "About" Accessed March 1, 2012
- Des Moines Register "Dubuque businessman to challenge Braley" Accessed December 16, 2011
- Iowa Secretary of State "2012 primary results"