Revision as of 08:24, 18 December 2010 by Geoff Pallay
Oregon State House District 18
Orr's campaign website lists three main issues with several policy proposals:
- Getting small-town economies moving and creating jobs:
- 1. Encouraging renewable energy employers to locate in Oregon’s small towns.
- 2. Investing more state funds with local banks and credit unions to help small town employers get access to capital.
- 3. Reducing red tape and regulations so entrepreneurs can start new businesses.
- 4. Extending job placement for out-of-work people.
- 5. Expanding markets for Oregon family farm and nursery products.
- Supporting education from the early grades through college:
- 1. Expanding early childhood education like Head Start.
- 2. Establishing volunteer programs to help 1st through 4th graders with reading and math skills.
- 3. Reducing class sizes to improve student achievement.
- 4. Providing apprenticeships, mentors, and vocational programs for young people who don't choose college.
- 5. Making community colleges and universities more affordable.
- Making state government more accountable and transparent: "Oregonians expect government to be accountable and transparent to taxpayers. That’s the only way that we can support vital services like education, health care, and public safety... Dr. Rodney Orr also supports improving how state government manages our money. He will vote for greater oversight of state pension funds invested with Wall Street banks, along with an end to tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas."
Committee To Elect Dr. Rodney E. Orr
PO Box 1912
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile