|Minnesota State Senate, District 38|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Associate's||Normandale Community College|
|Bachelor's||Metropolitan State University|
|Service/branch||Army National Guard|
|Birthday||January 14, 1963|
|Profession||Senior Corporate Tax Accountant|
Chamberlain earned his B.S. in Accounting from Metropolitan State University, and his A.A.S. in Law Enforcement at Normandale Community College. His professional experience includes working as a corporate tax accountant.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Chamberlain served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Chamberlain served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection|
|• Local Government and Elections, Vice-chair|
Chamberlain's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Economy - Jobs
- Excerpt: "Most people understand that the government taking money away from hardworking Minnesotans means less money in their pockets to spend on other things. When the government takes money from hardworking taxpayers, this money cannot then be used for businesses to expand and hire more people."
State Government – Regulation, Spending, Taxes
- Excerpt: "There is a place for government in our lives but over the years it has become a burden on hardworking taxpayers."
- Excerpt: "We all want the best teachers and education system for our kids. But the facts below show that money isn't the only solution."
Amendment, Voter ID
- Excerpt: "This is a common sense solution to help ensure the integrity of our election system. Minnesotans will have the opportunity to debate the issue and vote on it on November 6, 2012."
Amendment, Definition Of Marriage
- Excerpt: "This does change current law (see MN Statute 517.01 & 517.03). It is about who will decide this important cultural issue, seven judges or the citizens. People will be given the opportunity to debate the issue in the “public square” and the vote on whether the definition of marriage should remain the same."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Chamberlain won re-election in District 38 in 2012 due to redistricting. He was unopposed in the August 14 Republican primary and defeated Timothy Henderson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 38, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Roger Chamberlain Incumbent||53.3%||23,817|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 53 (2010)|
|Roger Chamberlain (R)||18394||52.69%|
|Sandy Rummel (DFL)||16483||47.22%|
Comprehensive donor information for Chamberlain is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Chamberlain raised a total of $80,110 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Roger Chamberlain's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 38||$40,358|
|2010||Minnesota State Senate, District 53||$39,752|
|Grand Total Raised||$80,110|
2012Chamberlain won re-election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Chamberlain raised a total of $40,358.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roger Chamberlain's campaign in 2012|
|Chamberlain, Roger C.||$1,381|
|Hill, Louis F.||$500|
|Hamilton, Eleanor E.||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$40,358|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Chamberlain won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Chamberlain raised a total of $39,752.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roger Chamberlain's campaign in 2010|
|Chamberlain, Roger C.||$2,221|
|53B House District RPM||$1,100|
|Kappler John House Dist 53A Commitee||$756|
|Mady Reiter For House||$590|
|Total Raised in 2010||$39,752|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Chamberlain and his wife, Anette, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Roger + Chamberlain + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- "rogerchamberlain," Official Campaign Website
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 3, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- Follow the Money, "Chamberlain, Roger C." Retrieved June 28, 2013.
Ted Daley (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|
Sandy Rummel (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 53
| Succeeded by|
Susan Kent (DFL)