was a Republican candidate
for District 18
of the North Carolina State Senate
. The primary election
was on May 4, 2010 and the general election was on November 2
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2010
Gerber was defeated in the November 2 general election by Bob Atwater (D).
Gerber's website talks about the following issues:
- "I will propose, support and vote for legislation that:
- Is consistent with The United States and North Carolina Constitutions;
- Permanently caps state spending at 5% of the state’s private sector economy;
- Allows NC citizens to opt out of nationalized healthcare requirements;
- Increases education options for all students regardless of income;
- Limits the state’s use of eminent domain and bans forced annexation."