|U.S. House, Florida, District 6|
|January 3, 2013-present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Cliff Stearns (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Harvard Law School|
|Service/branch||United States Navy, JAG prosecutor, United States Navy reserve|
|Years of service||2004-Present|
|Citations||Bronze Star Medal|
|Birthday||Sept. 14, 1974|
|Place of birth||Jacksonville, FL|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Analysis
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
- Yale University, B.A.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- U.S. Navy, JAG prosecutor
- 2013-present: United States House of Representatives, District 6
DeSantis serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere
- United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation, and Regulatory Affairs
- Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service, and The Census
- United States House Committee on the Judiciary
- Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice
- Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
DeSantis ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Florida's 6th District. DeSantis won the nomination on the Republican ticket. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of June 8, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012. DeSantis won the nomination in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He won the election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
The primary took place on August 14.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 6th Congressional District, 2012 - Ron DeSantis Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Opponent||$281,009|
|Total Spent by Opponent||$258,207|
|Top contributors to Ron DeSantis's campaign committee|
|Holland & Knight||$12,400|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, DeSantis's net worth as of 2011 was estimated between -$41,992 and $104,999. That averages to $31,503, which is lower than the average net worth of Republican Representatives in 2011 of $7,859,232.
National Journal vote ratings
- See also: National Journal vote ratings
Each year National Journal publishes an analysis of how liberally or conservatively each member of congress voted in the previous year. Information on 2012 vote rating is unavailable.
DeSantis is married to his wife, Casey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ron + DeSantis + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Ron+DeSantis+Florida+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Ron DeSantis News Feed
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media coverage:
- AP Results "U.S. House Results" Accessed August 14, 2012
- ABC News "2012 General Election Results"
- Ron DeSantis for Congress "About" Accessed February 14, 2012
- CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress"
- St. Augustine Record "Mica to announce his district today" Accessed February 13, 2012
- ABC News "2012 General Election Results"
- Florida Secretary of State, "August 2012 Primary Election," Accessed September 4, 2012
- National Journal "Club For Growth Backs DeSantis" Accessed June 27, 2012
- Open Secrets "Ron DeSantis 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed February 22, 2013
- OpenSecrets.org, "DeSantis (R-Fla), 2011"
Cliff Stearns (R)
|U.S. House of Representatives - Florida District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |