For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Arizona State Senate District 3|
|January 2005-January 10, 2013|
|Per diem||$35/day for the first 120 days of regular session and for special sessions and $10/day thereafter.|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Lake Havasu City Council|
|Place of birth||Orange County, CA|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Recent news
- 7 Issue Positions
- 8 Sponsored Legislation
- 9 Personal
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Gould is the owner of an air conditioning and heating company.
He has served as a member on the Lake Havasu City Council. He has been a senator representing the 3rd district of the Arizona State Senate since 2005.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gould served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Arizona Senate, Vice Chair
- Finance Committee, Arizona Senate
- Government Reform Committee, Arizona Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Arizona Senate, Chair
- Senate Ethics Committee, Arizona State Senate, Chair
- Water, Land Use and Rural Development Committee, Arizona Senate
- Federal Mandates Committee, Arizona State Legislature
- Income Tax Credit Review Committee, Arizona State Legislature
- K-12 School District Receivership Study Committee, Arizona State Legislature
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gould served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Arizona Senate
- Finance Committee, Arizona Senate
- Retirement and Rural Development Committee, Arizona Senate, Chairman
Gould's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Recognized time and again through his career as Arizona’s leading pro-taxpayer legislator, Ron Gould’s record on protecting Arizona’s taxpayers is as good as it gets."
- Excerpt: "Federal government spending is out of control. The politicians in Washington continue to grow federal spending without regard to the consequences it will bring."
- Federal Budget
- Excerpt: "Ron Gould understands that if we are going to get our economy back on track, we cannot continue to overspend our federal budget by trillions of dollars every year."
- National Debt
- Excerpt: "The politicians in Washington have refused to take serious steps to bring our national debt under control. This has left us with trillions in debt that our children and grandchildren will be responsible for."
- Excerpt: "Ron Gould has been a leader in Arizona in finding real solutions to stopping illegal immigration. Throughout his career, he has consistently offered common sense solutions to help Arizona do what the federal government won’t – put a stop to illegal immigration in our state."
Gould is term-limited and cannot run for re-election in 2012. He instead ran for Arizona's 4th congressional district. He was defeated by incumbent Paul Gosar in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012.
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
Gould won re-election to the 3rd District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Beth Weisser in the November 2 general election.
|Arizona State Senate, District 3 General Election (2010)|
|Ron Gould (R)||40,777|
|Beth Weisser (D)||16,073|
|Arizona State Senate, District 3 (2008)|
|Ron Gould (R)||42,730|
|Mary Landahl (D)||25,499|
|Ron Gould (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2012||$0||$116,425||$(11,591.28)||$104,833.72|
|July Quarterly||July 16, 2012||$104,833.72||$73,570.28||$(68,539.76)||$109,864.24|
|Pre-Primary||August 16, 2012||$109,864.24||$99,355.32||$(101,236.52)||$107,983.04|
In 2010, Gould raised $15,788 in contributions. 
His top contributor was the Arizona Association of Realtors which donated $1,000 to his campaign.
In 2008 Gould raised $17,015 for his campaign fund. His top three contributors are listed below.
|Salt River Project||$1,100|
|Arizona Association of Realtors||$1,100|
|Arizona Medical Association||$400|
The Goldwater Institute releases its "Legislative Report Card" annually for all Arizona legislators. This report card tracks how legislators voted on key votes and assigns them a letter grade based on how closely their votes agree with the Institute's positions. The primary values emphasized in the ratings are whether votes expand or restrict liberty.
Gould received a score of 74 out of 100 in the 2012 report card for a grade of A- according to the Goldwater Institute’s grading scale. This score was 1 lower than his score on the 2011 report card. Gould’s 74 in 2012 was tied for the 2nd highest grade among all 30 Arizona State Senators.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term ""Ron + Gould" + Arizona + Senate"
Gould advertises himself as a conservative republican, advancing lower taxes, protecting rights, smaller government and the "traditional family." He also claims to, "oppose liberal attempts to give driver’s licenses to illegal aliens and use your tax dollars to provide them with more services." . Here is a link to Gould's stances on important issues.
See Gould's official website for information on sponsored legislation.
Ron and his wife Janice have three children.
- Gould's Campaign Website
- Official Arizona State Senate website of Senator Ron Gould
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Ron Gould
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Campaign website, Issues
- Official primary candidate list
- Associated Press primary results
- "Arizona State Senate official election results"
- "Campaign funds"
- Federal Election Commission "Ron Gould's Summary Report," Accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Ron Gould April Quarterly," Accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Ron Gould July Quarterly," Accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Ron Gould Pre-Primary," Accessed August 23, 2012
- 2010 contributions
- Goldwater Institute "2012 Legislative Report Card for Arizona's 50th Legislature, First Regular Session," August 15, 2012
- Gould's Campaign Website
|Arizona State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|
Olivia Cajero Bedford (D)