Difference between revisions of "Ron Griggs"
m (Text replace - "<ref>[http://sos.state.nm.us/2012StateSenate.html ''New Mexico Secretary of State,'' "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014]</ref>" to "<ref>[https://archive.today/TqMcw ''New Mexico Secretary of State,'' "2012 Primary Candid)
|Line 155:||Line 155:|
Revision as of 16:22, 31 July 2014
|New Mexico Senate District 34|
|2012 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Mayor of Alamogordo|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State Univeristy|
|Place of birth||Portales, New Mexico|
Griggs earned a bachelor's in Business Administration from New Mexico State University. His professional experience includes being the former owner of Alamogordo Title Company, serving six years as Mayor Pro-Tem of Alamogordo and three years as Mayor of Alamogordo..
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Griggs served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Affairs|
Griggs highlighted the following as issues important to his campaign:
- 2nd Amendment Rights
- Small, transparent government
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Griggs ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico State Senate District 34. He ran and won against Sarah Dion Kidd-Johnson in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Griggs defeated Ellen E. Wedum in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|New Mexico State Senate, District 34 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Sarah Dion Kidd-Johnson||42.5%||1,316|
Comprehensive donor information for Griggs is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Griggs raised a total of $59,687 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Ron Griggs's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State Senate, District 34||$59,687|
|Grand Total Raised||$59,687|
2012Griggs won election to the New Mexico State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Griggs raised a total of $59,687.
|New Mexico State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Griggs's campaign in 2012|
|Heyco Energy Group||$2,300|
|Crimmins Family Trust||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$59,687|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
In 2012, Griggs’ endorsements included the following:
- Former state House of Representative Terry Marquardt
Griggs is married to Joan and they have two children and one granddaughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Griggs + New Mexico + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Las Cruces Sun-News, "Governor appoints Ron Griggs to NM Senate vacancy," accessed December 14, 2012
- www.rongriggs.com, "Family & Personal," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- followthemoney.org, "Griggs, Ron," accessed May 23, 2013
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
- www.alamogordonews.com, "Griggs run for senate supported by Marquardt," accessed May 12, 2014
|New Mexico Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|