|Ohio House of Representatives District 78|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 91|
|1995 - 2000, 2005 - 2006|
|Bachelor's||Ohio State University, 1991|
Hood represented House District 91 from 1995 to 2000 and 2005 to 2006.
Hood earned his B.S. in Business Administration with focuses on Marketing and Economics from Ohio State University in 1991. He has worked as a marketing consultant at American Way Investment Corporation.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hood served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Labor, and Technology|
|• Economic Development and Regulatory Reform|
|• Health and Aging|
Hood's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As an economics major, I have an understanding of what works and what doesn’t work. In my four terms in the Ohio Legislature, I have opposed every effort to raise taxes. If government would return to Ronald Reagan’s philosophy of spending less while simultaneously reducing the tax burden, the economy would grow."
- Excerpt: "We must have the courage to fix the tax and regulatory structure in Ohio to make us more competitive to our neighboring states, including Indiana. Job creators will overlook Ohio when deciding where to locate their facilities. In order to bring jobs to our district, we must be competitive with other states."
- Excerpt: "I am proud to be 100% pro-life and always have been. I have exercised my convictions by working to move forward legislative efforts to protect life from the moment of fertilization."
- Excerpt: "As your Representative, I guarantee I will not support any law that will infringe upon the rights of legal, law-abiding Ohioans to own or use firearms to protect themselves, their families or their property."
- Excerpt: "As a husband and father of young children I am very concerned about government's intrusion into our families. The traditional family is the root of a stable society, and my pledge to you is that I will work to protect traditional marriage and the rights of the traditional family in all aspects of my job as your State Representative."
Hood won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House District 78. Hood defeated Christopher Lobb in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Jeremy Vanmeter (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 78, General Election, 2012|
|Ohio State House of Representatives, District 78 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ron Hood Incumbent||69.6%||9,506|
Comprehensive donor information for Hood is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hood raised a total of $168,938 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Ron Hood's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 78||$168,938|
|Grand Total Raised||$168,938|
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Hood's campaign in 2012|
|Uihlein, Richard E.||$16,500|
|Patterson, Dennis J.||$11,500|
|Hood, Ronald E.||$10,464|
|Young, Glenn L.||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$168,938|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Hood was endorsed by the following:
- Ohio Pro-Life Action
- Ohio Right To Life
- National Association For Gun Rights
- Citizens For Community Values Action
- Associated Builders and Contractors
Hood and his wife, Michal, have three children. They currently reside in Ashville, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ron + Hood + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Ron Hood on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 78
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |