Difference between revisions of "Ron Kind"
|Line 193:||Line 193:|
[[Category:U.S. House, Wisconsin]]
[[Category:U.S. House, Wisconsin]]
Revision as of 17:15, 15 November 2012
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 3|
|January 3, 1997-present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 5, 1996|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Wisconsin State Assembly|
|High school||La Crosse Logan High School, WI|
|Master's||London School of Economics|
|J.D.||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||March 16, 1963|
|Place of birth||LaCrosse, WI|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Issues
- 5 Elections
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Analysis
- 8 Personal
- 9 External links
- 10 References
After receiving his bachelor's from Harvard University, Kind went on to earn a master's from the London School of Economics and a law degree from the University of Minnesota.
- 1997-present: U.S. House of Representatives
- 1989-1996: Wisconsin State Assembly
Kind is a member of the following House committees:
- Committee on Ways and Means
- Subcommittee on Health
- Subcommittee on Oversight
On November 2, 2010, Kind won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating Dan Kapanke (R) and Michael Krsiean (Independent Citizen for Constitutional Government).
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Kind's reports.
|Ron Kind Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2012||$578,999.31||$276,948.61||$(120,184.77)||$735,763.15|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$735,763.15||$254,903.46||$(136,942.40)||$853,724.21|
Kind won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Kind's campaign committee raised a total of $1,857,853 and spent $2,577,371.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Wisconsin, 3rd District, 2010 - Ron Kind Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,034,222|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,029,166|
|Top contributors to Ron Kind's campaign committee|
|Operating Engineers Union||$15,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$86,650|
Congressional Staff Salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Kind paid his congressional staff a total of $919,663 in 2011. Overall, Wisconsin ranks 32nd in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Kind's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $202,024 to $1,616,997. That averages to $909,510.50, which is lower than the average net worth of Democratic Representatives in 2010 of $4,465,875.
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Kind has voted with the Democratic Party 87.9% of the time, which ranked 159 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
Kind and his wife, Tawni, have two children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Politico "2012 House Race Results"
- Gov Track "Kind" Accessed May 24, 2012
- Official House website "Biography," Accessed November 18, 2011
- Official House website "Committee Assignments," Accessed November 18, 2011
- Madison.com "Fewer swing seats a bad sign," May 1, 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Candidates registered by office," Accessed June 10, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Federal Election Commission, "Ron Kind's April Quarterly Report," Accessed October 11, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Ron Kind's July Quarterly Report," Accessed October 11, 2012
- Open Secrets "Ron Kind 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 18, 2011
- LegiStorm, "Ron Kind," Accessed September 7, 2012
- OpenSecrets.org, "Ron Kind (D-Wis), 2010," Accessed September 7, 2012
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed June 6, 2013
|U.S. House of Representatives - Wisconsin, 3rd District
| Succeeded by|