|Texas State House, District 27|
|2011 - Present|
|January 11, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$150 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
Reynolds was named "Freshman of the Year" in May 2011 by his Democratic peers in the House. 
Reynolds is the State Representative for Fort Bend County's House District 27. Ron represents parts of Houston, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Stafford, Fresno, Arcola, Richmond and Rosenberg. He's the first African American elected as State Representative in Fort Bend County since Reconstruction. He attended Texas Southern University and received a B.S. degree in Public Affairs, "magna cum laude". Ron received a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Texas Tech Univ. School of Law.
Ron Reynolds serves on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
| Texas House of Representatives, District 27 |
2010 General election results
|Ron Reynolds (D)||32,030||84.64%|
|Derek Grayson (L)||5,812||15.35%|
Reynolds raised a total of $231,490 in 2010. Below are Reynold's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Brown Brown & Reynolds||$7,500|
|Davis Sr., Keith||$5,000|
|Davis Sr., Keith||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ron + Reynolds + Texas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- What's Moved, What Hasn't, and What Comes Next at the Texas Lege - StateImpact Texas
- Written by Jeffrey L. Boney - Forward Times
- Food Informants: A Week In The Life Of Daniel Boulud - Huffington Post
- Prop C Wins: LA Voters Send Strong Message Against Supreme Court's Citizens ... - Huffington Post
- Morning Memo: More Democratic trouble, NC vs. SC hoops rivalry renewed - News & Observer
- Marine, Dog Reunited In Surprise Ceremony - Huffington Post
- Sheldon Adelson-Backed Super PAC's Funds Boost Georgia Nonprofit - Huffington Post
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. Ordered To Pay $70 Million To Businessman Richard ... - Huffington Post
- IRS Apologizes For Targeting Conservative Groups In 2012 Election - Huffington Post
- Summer Movie Release Schedule - New York Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Fined for failure to disclose finances
KXAN News reported in June 2011 that Representative Reynolds had received $10,000 in fines by the Texas Ethics Commission for failing to file mandatory financial disclosure reports. Reynolds did not file personal financial statements for 2008, 2010, or 2011. As of June 1, 2011 Reynolds owed the Ethics Commission approximately $10,260 in fines.Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott took Reynolds to court on behalf of the state to collect the outstanding fees. The case resulted in Reynolds owing the Attorney General's office $2,500 plus interest and court costs, in addition to the existing fines. The Texas Comptroller issued a warrant hold, garnishing his legislative expense reimbursement checks. As of June 22, 2011 $2,151.40 had been collected.
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Ron Reynolds received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Reynolds and his wife, Jonita, have one child.
Dora Olivo (D)
|Texas House of Representatives District 27
| Succeeded by|