|Running for Illinois House of Representatives|
|Date of primary||March 20, 2012|
|General election||November 6, 2012|
|Illinois State Senate District 21|
|January 12, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois|
|[www.ron4illinois.com Campaign website]|
Sandack's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I voted against and vehemently opposed the midnight tax increase of last year which hiked taxes 67% for residents and 47% for businesses. That increase came despite calls from me and colleagues to look for spending cuts before even uttering the term “tax increase.”"
- Pension Reform
- Excerpt: "The time for action is now. The five State pension funds supported by taxpayers are woefully underfunded and continue to crowd out room in the State budget for required State services like education, human services, transportation and emergency response."
- Excerpt: "To continue to provide our children with the quality of education they deserve, we need local control of our schools. Legislators should not be dictating how our local schools are run."
- Level Playing Field
- Excerpt: "This process of "corporate hostage negotiations" is never ending. Who is next? Abbott Labs? McDonald's? Phizer? State Farm? John Deere, Motorola?...etc. We need to lower taxes for ALL and grow the tax base and create new tax-payers."
- Transparent Government
- Excerpt: "This is your state. It belongs to you, its residents. Increasing public participation in, and awareness of, the issues and challenges we face will always be a continuing objective of mine."
- Term Limits/Ethics
- Excerpt: "We must put service back in public service. Public service should be honorable and recognized as a call to duty. It is a privilege to serve."
- State Finances
- Excerpt: "Those paying attention know our State's financials are a mess. If bills were sent to each Illinois household to cover the state’s debt the amount would be for $40,000."
- Lean State Government
- Excerpt: "When I was Mayor of Downers Grove we balanced every annual budget and worked to reduce the size and scope of government to focus it on truly necessary services."
- Death Penalty
- Excerpt: "I am co-sponsor of SB 2277 which would set up uniform criterion for the limited and reasoned use of the death penalty; only for the worst of the worst offenders."
- Dream Act
- Excerpt: "The Illinois Dream Act (SB 2185) is NOT an immigration bill. It does not grant any sort of legal citizenship and perhaps most importantly: It will not cost the Illinois taxpayers a dime to invest in these kids, many of whom have demonstrated that they are talented enough to be accepted into elite colleges and universities."
- Smart Grid Legislation
- Excerpt: "Electric service is like any other element of infrastructure – and we all depend upon consistent delivery of electricity while seeking ways to reduce cost. Smartgrid, does both. Perhaps most importantly, individual customers can opt out of receiving a new Smartgrid Electric meter … it’s your choice! "
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sandack has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Labor Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Public Health Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Health Care Licensing
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Labor)
Sandack is running for election to the 81 District seat in the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. He defeated Debbie Boyle in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, and is unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Sandack and his wife, Kevan, have two children.
- Campaign website
- Senate website
- Illinois Senate - Ron Sandack
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube Channel
- ↑ Downers Grove Chronicle, "Sandack Chosen To Replace Cronin In State Senate," November 18, 2010
- ↑ Campaign website, Current Topics
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
|Illinois Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|