|Maine State Senate, District 2|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Former part owner of a food brokerage company|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
|Maine State Senate, District|
|Ronald Collins (R)||8,591||54%|
|Richard Burns (D)||6,769||42%|
In the June 8th primary election, Collins ran unopposed. 
Collins' campaign website lists several main issues: 
- Transportation - "Transportation is vital to Maine’s economy. Over the next ten years, Maine is expected to have a $3 billion transportation budget hole. We can fill that budget hole, and keep our roads safe with a common sense funding plan that protects our roads and bridges without raising taxes."
- Education - "Maine spends 25% more per student than the national average, yet our results are mediocre...Maine needs more options, less bureaucracy, and a commitment to prepare our students for success."
- Spending - "Excessive government spending has resulted in nearly $12 billion in debt for which Maine families are on the hook. Augusta’s tax-and-spend culture must end. I support a full audit of every government program, especially the Department of Health and Human Services, which consumes about 30% of the state’s general fund spending."
- Health care - "We should have the right to buy health insurance plans available in other states, just like we can with our homeowners, vehicle and life insurance. With more coverage choices, Mainers can find an affordable plan that meets their family’s needs. We must also cut the red tape that drives up insurance costs in Maine. I support a review of all state mandates on providers to identify and eliminate mandates that make health care unaffordable for too many Maine families."
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in Maine
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ron Collins for State Senate on Facebook
- Maine Official Election Results
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Maine
- Ron Collins for State Senate
|Maine State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|