|New Jersey General Assembly District 12|
|2012 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Mayor, Plumstead Township|
|1990 - present|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 30|
|2002 - 2012|
|Years of service||1969-1971|
|Date of birth||05/31/1949|
|Profession||Interviewer, Ocean County Adjuster’s Office|
- A532 Requires public bodies to allow public comment at every meeting.
- A539 Eliminates dual governmental pay to members of Legislature for legislative duties.
- A551 Prohibits slaughter of horses and sale of horseflesh for human consumption.
- A569 Requires elected public officials and candidates for elective public office to disclose if they ever filed for bankruptcy; requires financial disclosure by candidates for public office in county or municipality.
National Political Awareness Test
Dancer's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test he lists his top priorities as "property tax relief, open space acquistion, and increased school funding." He explained, "Property tax relief is one of, if not the single, biggest problems that New Jersey citizens face today. Giving the public property tax relief is critical, but cannot be done until we eliminate waste and abuse from the state budget."
Dancer ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 12. Dancer is bracketed with Robert Clifton. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He is challenged by Lawrence J. Furman (D) and Nicholas Nellegar (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Dancer won election to district 12 in 2011. He and Robert Clifton ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7. They then defeated Catherine Tinney Rome and William Spedding in the November 8 general election. Dancer was moved out of District 30 via the redistricting process.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Thirtieth Legislative District (2009)|
|Joseph R. Malone, III (R)||47,325|
|Ronald S. Dancer (R)||45,901|
|John Kocubinski (D)||18,400|
|William "Bill" Spedding (D)||17,836|
In 2011, Dancer received $138,538 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ronald Dancer's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$24,295|
|Standardbred Breeders & Owners Of New Jersey||$3,200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$2,900|
|Aspen Tree Service||$2,100|
|Total Raised in 2011||$138,538|
|Total Votes received in 2011||18,090|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.66|
Below are Dancer's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Dancer, Ronald S||$33,769|
|Republican National Committee||$8,025|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$4,500|
|New Jersey Education Association||$3,600|
|Webb, Patricia A||$2,600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ronald + Dancer + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 12," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 12," October 24, 2011
- New Jersey General Assembly- Hon. Ronald Dancer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ 30th legislative district
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Dancer
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Dancer Issue Positions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- Middlesex County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Monmouth County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Ocean County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12
| Succeeded by|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 30
| Succeeded by|