Ron Miller (Pennsylvania)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania State House District 93|
|1999 - Present|
|November, 30 2012|
|Years in position||14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Mansfield State University, 1973|
|Place of birth||York, PA|
Miller earned his BS in Secondary Education from Mansfield State University in 1973. He then worked as Safety, Health and Environmental Manager for Adhesives Research, Incorporated from 1974 to 1999.
Miller served as a member of the Dallastown Area School Board from 1988 to 1998. He then joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1999. He has served in that position since, representing the 93rd District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Miller has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Miller served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Miller is running in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 93. Miller defeated Ernest Merisotis in the Republican primary on April 24 and is running against Linda Small in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
Miller won re-election to the 93rd District Seat in 2010. He defeated three opponents in the primary election and defeated Democrat Linda Small in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 93|
|Ronald Miller (R)||17,604||71.6%|
|Linda Small (D)||6,987||28.4%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 93|
|Ron Miller (R)||23,909||69.2%|
|Darrell Raubenstine (D)||10,621||30.8%|
In 2010, Miller received $47,277 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Miller (Pennsylvania)'s campaign in 2010|
|Appell Jr, Louis J||$2,950|
|Pennsylvania Associated Builders & Contractors||$2,500|
|Pennsylvania Builders Association||$1,550|
|Pennsylvania Licensed Beverage Association||$1,300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$47,277|
Miller has a wife, Catherine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Miller
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 93
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |