|North Carolina State Senate District 12|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||Colonel, United States Army|
|Years of service||24|
Rabin worked in the aerospace and defense industries prior to his retirement. He retired from the United States Army as a Colonel after 24 years of service.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rabin served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture/Environment/Natural Resources|
|• Appropriations on Natural and Economic Resources|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Health Care|
|• Pensions & Retirement & Aging|
Rabin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"Ronald Rabin understands the number one issue facing our state is getting our economy back on track. Ronald knows what it takes to create jobs and grow a business. The solution is simple. When government gets out of the way, businesses can grow, hire and prosper."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Ronald Rabin opposes all tax increases. Families have to work within their budgets and Ronald believes government should be no different. As our state Senator, he will work to set budget priorities and fund critical state services first."
- Excerpt:"Our state’s high school drop out rate is over 30%. This is unacceptable. Ronald Rabin believes the best way to support education is to fund the classroom directly and not wasteful bureaucracies. When money is sent to the classroom and sidesteps administrations, it does more good for the child."
- Excerpt:"Ronald supports legislation that will update the funding formula in order to ensure counties receive their fair share of road funding and that the roads and bridges we drive on are safe."
- Excerpt:"onald understands one of the highest expenses for small business owners and families is their healthcare coverage. He supports allowing employees to use their pretax income to purchase private healthcare. Also, Ronald supports “flexible benefits” which will allow families to choose plans that best suits their needs."
Rabin ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 12. He advanced to a primary runoff after running against Donald S. Davis, Tim McNeill, and Daniel Glover in the Republican primary on May 8. Rabin then defeated Donald S. Davis in the runoff on July 17, 2012. He defeated Brad Salmon (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Rabin and his wife, Mona, have three children and nine grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ronald + Rabin + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
David Rouzer (R)
|North Carolina State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|