For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 25|
|2007 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||City University of New York, 1991|
|J.D.||Columbia Law School, 1995|
|Date of birth||03/01/1969|
|Place of birth||Queens, NY|
Lancman's political experiences include member of Community Board 8; candidate for New York State Senate, District 11 in 2000; and aging committee chair for Community Board 8.
Lancman is counsel with Pensterstock & Partners, Limited LIability Partnership and principal Rory Lancman, Attorney at Law. His professional experiences also include associate with Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson and a first lieutenant with the New York Army National Guard, Infantry.
Lancman earned her BA from Queens College, City University of New York and JD Columbia Law School. He and his wife, Morgan, have three children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lancman has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York State Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Workplace Safety, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lancman served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Operations Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
Lancman is running to represent New Yorks' 5th congressional district in 2012.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Lancman ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was also unopposed in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 25 2010|
|Rory Lancman (D)||11,688|
On November 4, 2008 Lancman won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 25. He ran unopposed.
Lancman raised $95,691 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 25 2008|
|Rory Lancman (D)||16,177|
In 2010, Lancman received $72,714 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rory Lancman's campaign in 2010|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Goldstein & Greenlaw LLP||$2,500|
|New York State Laborers||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$72,714|
In 2008, a year in which Lancman was up for re-election, he collected $95,691 in donations.
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|1199 Seiu United Helathcare Workers East||$3,400|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,350|
|Four individual donations each of:||$2,500|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Rory Lancman
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- NYTimes blog "Three officials announce bids to replace Ackerman," March 19, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lancman
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Rory Lancman
|New York Assembly - District 25
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |