Difference between revisions of "Roscoe Reynolds"
m (Text replace - "r'' "" to "r'', "")
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
====Race to watch====
====Race to watch====
More than $1 million has been raised for the race as of October 2011.<ref>[http://www2.godanriver.com/news/2011/oct/30/tv-time-soaking-funds-senate-race-ar-1421754/ ''Go Dan River'' "TV time soaking up funds in Senate race," October 30, 2011]</ref>
More than $1 million has been raised for the race as of October 2011.<ref>[http://www2.godanriver.com/news/2011/oct/30/tv-time-soaking-funds-senate-race-ar-1421754/ ''Go Dan River''"TV time soaking up funds in Senate race," October 30, 2011]</ref>
Revision as of 08:19, 6 May 2014
|Virginia Senate District 20|
|1997 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Date of birth||05/21/1942|
|Place of birth||Martinsville, VA|
Reynolds received an A.B. in Political Science at Duke University and an LL.B. at Lee University. Reynolds is a member of the Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church.
In addition to serving as senator Reynolds works as a lawyer. From 1986-1997 Reynolds served on the House of Delegates.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
At least two incumbent Republican senators affected by state legislative redistricting have moved to avoid primary contests with other incumbents. As a result of the moves, former District 19 incumbent Bill Stanley (R) challenged Reynolds in District 20. The contentious race was expected to draw millions in campaign contributions.
|Virginia State Senate, District 20 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Roscoe Reynolds Incumbent||45.6%||23,331|
|Independent||W. Jeff Evans||7.6%||3,887|
Race to watch
More than $1 million has been raised for the race as of October 2011.
Reynolds raised $547,302 for his campaign while Evans raised $169,440.
|Virginia State Senate, District 20 (2007)|
|Roscoe Reynolds (D)||30,365||62.96%|
|Jeff Evans (R)||17,804||36.91%|
Below are Roscoe's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$132,609|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$36,657|
|AC Furniture Co.||$24,500|
|Moving Virginia Forward||$23,231|
Reynolds' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Roscoe Reynolds wants to explore opportunities to develop alternative energy sources right here in our community, to protect the environment, bolster the agricultural economy and create new jobs."
- Excerpt: "A former PTA President, Senator Roscoe Reynolds is committed to fully funding education so our students will have the best teachers and smaller class sizes."
- Consumer Protection
- Excerpt: "Roscoe Reynolds has a record of fighting for lower taxes. He voted to eliminate the death tax, sponsored bills to eliminate taxes on food and prescription drugs, and voted for the school sales tax holiday."
Reynolds was born in Martinsville, Virginia on May 21, 1942.
- Roscoe Reynolds' personal website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007
- Westport News, "After Dems' remap, Va. GOP won't go away quietly," May 29, 2011
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Go Dan River, "TV time soaking up funds in Senate race," October 30, 2011
- 2007 Election Results, Virginia Senate, District 20
- 2007 Campaign Spending, Virginia Senate, District 20
|Virginia Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|