Revision as of 02:07, 27 September 2013 by Tking
Oregon State House District 16
Cook's campaign website lists five main issues:
- Economy and Jobs: "Oregon families are struggling during this economic recession and Salem has failed to address our state’s chronic unemployment. Rose supports providing incentives to companies that create jobs, and supports measures to reduce bureaucracy so our local businesses can expand and hire."
- Education: "Fund education first! All Oregon kids deserve a quality education that prepares them for a brighter future. As the chair of her local school board, Rose has worked to maximize classroom funding while giving educators the tools and flexibility they need to help our kids learn. She’ll bring to Salem her dedication to children."
- Health Care: "Health care costs, availability and accessibility are desperatly in need of reform. Rose believes you should be able to deduct your out-of-pocket health care expenses from your taxes. Rose will make affordable health care a priority."
- Government Transparency: "Taxpayers need easily understood and accurate information about how much money they are paying in taxes and fees and how that money is being spent. Rose will insist that state agencies submit to outside performance audits, cut wasteful spending and run more efficiently. Rose will make every attempt to reduce the size of Oregon government."
- Keep Oregon Beautiful and Prosperous: "All Oregonians deserve clean air and water. Rose will support measures that target polluters and help maintain Oregon’s high-quality of life. At the same time, Rose believes we can maximize responsible use of our abundant natural resources and work to make Oregon a leader in renewable energy without raising energy costs."
1801 Egan Drive
Philomath, OR 97370
- Official campaign website
- Official Candidate facebook page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile
- Gazette-Times "Republican Rose Cook seeks District 16 seat held by Democrat Sara Gelser," February 18, 2010
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found