Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Suffolk District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 29, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Massachusetts, Boston|
Evandro C. Carvalho defeated Karen A. Charles-Peterson, Jennifer Anne Johnson, Barry Lawton and Roy Owens in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the special election, which took place on April 29.
The seat was vacant following Carlos Henriquez's (D) expulsion from the chamber on February 6.
A special election for the position of Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Suffolk District was called for April 29, with a primary on April 1. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 24.
|Massachusetts State Senate, Second Suffolk District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Sonia Rosa Chang-Diaz Incumbent||83.4%||8,904|
Owens states that his is pro-life and favors a traditional view of marriage.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Roy + Owens + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Suffolk District
- State legislative special elections, 2014
- dotnews.com "Carvalho wins Democratic primary in Fifth Suffolk race to replace Henriquez," April 1, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of State "Special Election Calendar," accessed April 3, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of State "Official candidate list," accessed April 3, 2014
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," accessed June 26, 2012
- 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Royowensboston.com "Open letter to the voters," accessed August 15, 2012