|Virginia House of Delegates District 63|
|April 6, 2005 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||April 2005|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Place of birth||Chesterfield County, VA|
Dance received her B.S. in Nursing from Virginia State University in 1986. She later received her Masters of Public Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University in 1994. She is the Owner/Manager of Manhattans Restaurant. Dance has served as Councilwoman and Mayor for the City of Petersburg.
In the 2012-2013 session, Dance served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Dance served on the following committees:
- Privileges and Elections
- Elections Subcommittee
- General Laws
- Housing Subcommittee
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- HB 1612 Community College Scholarship Match Program; created.
- HB 1621 Absentee voting; qualified voters may vote absentee for any reason, special provisions for military.
- HB 1769 Mobile telephone and other wireless electronic devices; use of hands-free accessory while driving.
Dance is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 63. Dance ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
Dance ran in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 63. Dance defeated Evandra D. Thompson in the June 11 Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Dance was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 63 (2009)|
|Roz Dance (D)||12,270|
In 2011, Dance received $106,563 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roz Dance's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Association Of Realtors||$3,250|
|CHS Professional Services||$2,000|
|Metro Virginia PAC||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$106,563|
The top 5 donors to Dance's 2009 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$5,667|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$2,500|
Dance and her husband, Nathaniel, have two children and four grandchildren. They currently reside in Petersburg, Virginia. She is a member of the Board of Directors for the Southside Area YMCA.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Roz + Dance + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Roz+Dance+Virginia+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Roz Dance News Feed
- Campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Dance
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2001
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Dance
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Primary Results," Accessed June 13, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 63
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |