Ruben Ramos, Jr.
|Ruben Ramos, Jr.|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 33|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Fairleigh Dickinson University|
|Profession||Teacher, Paterson Public Schools|
Ramos won re-election in 2011. He and Sean Connors defeated Ravi Bhalla in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Fernando Unibe and Christopher Garcia in the November 8 general election.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Thirty-Third Legislative District (2009)|
|Ruben J. Ramos, Jr. (D)||24,734|
|Caridad Rodriguez (D)||23,451|
|Beth S. Hamburger (R)||8,788|
|John Barbadillo (R)||8,369|
In 2011, Ramos received $107,060 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ruben Ramos, Jr.'s campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Education Association||$8,200|
|Graham, Ryan D||$3,500|
|Remington, Craig F||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2011||$107,060|
|Total Votes received in 2011||17,444|
|Cost of each vote received||$6.14|
Below are Ramos's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Voice for All Hoboken||$5,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$2,000|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$2,000|
|Gold Schnitler, Ginger||$1,750|
- A1068 Requires NJT to purchase alternative fuel vehicles.
- A1601 Creates new offenses and penalties regarding animal fighting.
- A3023 Requires State to purchase energy efficient and hybrid vehicles; provides for phase-in of the requirement.
- A4060 Requires telecommunications companies to provide caller location information to law enforcement officials in emergency situations.
Ramos was endorsed by:
- New Jersey General Assembly - Rep. Ruben Ramos, Jr.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Ramos
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- Ruben Ramos Jr. on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Ramos
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
|New Jersey General Assembly District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |