|Florida State Senate District 40|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Garcia served in the Florida State House of Representatives from 1994 to 2002. He then joined the Florida State Senate in 2002.
Garcia is a businessman.
Garcia attended Miami-Dade Community College.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs Committee, Florida State Senate
- Commerce Committee, Florida State Senate
- Community Affairs Committee, Florida State Senate
- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations Committee, Florida State Senate
- Rules Committee, Florida State Senate
In 2006, Garcia collected $98,555 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|United Teachers of Dade||$1,500|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,500|
|Preferred Care Partners||$1,000|
|Kitson and Partners||$1,000|
|Safeway Premium Finance Company||$500|
- Official Florida State Senate website of Senator Rudy Garcia
- Project Vote Smart Rudy Garcia candidate summary
- Project Vote Smart Rudy Garcia biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Florida Senate, District 40
| Succeeded by|