|Michigan House of Representatives District 35|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University, 1998|
|Master's||Michigan State University|
Hobbs is a teacher, and taught in the Detroit Public School system. He was elected to the Southfield School Board in 2004 and served for four years. Hobbs worked for Governor Jennifer M. Granholm’s administration as a policy adviser to Lieutenant Governor John Cherry, concentrating on statewide educational and economic reform. Most recently, Hobbs worked on behalf of Oakland and Macomb County residents as the District Director for U.S. Congressman Sander Levin.
Hobbs holds a degree in Elementary Education from Michigan State University, and a master’s degree in Education Administration from MSU.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 35 General election (2010)|
|Rudy Hobbs (D)||28,279|
|Michael Weinenger (R)||3,932|
|Franklin Harden (G)||405|
More Voting Record Details
- List of all of Rudy Hobbs’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
In 2010, Hobbs raised $69,135 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Michigan Auto Workers||$5,000|
|Michigan Education Association||$2,000|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hobbs has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hobbs served on these committees:
- Tax Policy
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Rudy Hobbs
N799 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Phone: (517) 373-1788
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rudy + Hobbs + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Hobbs and his wife Dedra have three children.
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Rudy Hobbs official government website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Michigan Votes - Rudy Hobbs