Ruth Jones McClendon
|Ruth Jones McClendon|
|Texas State House, District 120|
|1997 - Present|
|January 11, 2013|
|Years in position||16|
|Per diem||$150 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
McClendon is the Founder of theCommunity Crime Prevention Network, Incorporated, and President/Chief Executive Officer of RJ Mclendon and Company.
She is a lector/Extraordinary Minister at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, and founder of McClendon Scholars Program, and Ruth's Kids Center.
Ruth Jones McClendon serves on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
- Appropriations Committee
- Rules & Resolutions Committee Chair
- Transportation Committee
- Appropriations - S/C on Articles I, IV, & V, Select Committee
- Appropriations - S/C on Current Fiscal Condition, Select Committee
- HB 565 - Relating to the abolition of the Texas Transportation Commission and the creation of the commissioner of transportation as an elected statutory state officer.
- HB 1278 - Relating to the proof of identity and residency required of an applicant for a driver's license or personal identification certificate.
- HB 1281 - Relating to the inclusion in the foundation curriculum for public schools of instruction in certain skills development to prepare students for adult responsibility.
- HB 3359 - Relating to a uniform and statewide 9-1-1 emergency services fee on the retail sale of prepaid wireless telecommunications services to consumers.
McClendon did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
McClendon is running in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 120. McClendon ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
McClendon won re-election in District 120. She was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 120 |
2010 General election results
|Ruth Jones McClendon (D)||14,700||100%|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 120|
|Ruth Jones McClendon (D)||32,601||100.00%|
In 2010, McClendon received $161,124 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ruth Jones McClendon's campaign in 2010|
|Holt, Peter M & Julianna H||$5,000|
|Butt, Charles C||$3,500|
|Fulbright & Jaworski||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$161,124|
McClendon raised $226,395 in 2008. Her top 5 campaign contributors are listed below.
|San Antonio Fire Fighters||$6,000|
|Texas Assoc of Home Builders||$5,500|
|Greg & Bekki Kowalski||$5,000|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Ruth McClendon received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
On October 26, 2009 McClendon announced she recently completed successful treatment for lung cancer, and has renewed her commitment to cancer research, prevention, and early detection. 
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=120 Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Ruth Jones McClendon]
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 120 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus profile
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. McClendon
- ↑ Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. McClendon
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. McClendon Issue Positions
- ↑ Texas Democratic Party - Democratic Primary Candidates
- ↑ Official Texas Election Results
- ↑ Texas House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 120 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
- ↑ "Rep. Ruth Jones McClendon Treated Successfully for Cancer" October 26, 2009
|Texas House District 120
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |