|Virginia Senate District 4|
|2006 - Present|
|January 11, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University|
|J.D.||Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William and Mary|
|Date of birth||11/09/1971|
|Place of birth||Hanover, Virginia|
McDougle received a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and History at James Madison University. McDougle later attended and received a J.D. at Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William and Mary.
- Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources
- Courts of Justice
- Rehabilitation and Social Services
McDougle represents Virginia Senate District 4. Senate District 4 includes Caroline County, Essex County, Hanover County, King and Queen County, King William County, Middlesex County, Spotsylvania(part).
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
McDougle is running for re-election to the District 4 seat of the Virginia State Senate. He won unopposed in the August 23 primary and is running unopposed in the November 8 general election.
McDougle raised $181,130 for his campaign.
|Virginia State Senate, District 4 (2007)|
|Ryan McDougle (R)||33,148||98.30%|
Below are McDougle's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|McDougle Law Firm||$7,950|
|Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (law firm)||$7,500|
|Highway Service Ventures||$7,000|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$7,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$5,500|
McDougle's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Keeping the Promise of Lower Taxes
- Excerpt: "Ryan strongly believes that Virginia taxpayers both want and deserve th keep as much of their hard earned money as possible. That’s why he works hard to decrease the tax burden on all Virginians."
- Making Our Neighborhoods Safer
- Excerpt: "Ryan supports Virginia’s death penalty and no-parole policy. He has the crime-fighting experience we need to keep our neighborhoods safe for our families."
- Providing Our Children with the Best Education
- Excerpt: "As public education remains a top priority in our community, Ryan has made a promise to preserve funding for our schools. Ryan also supports Virginia’s high academic standards and accountability in our schools so parents and taxpayers know our children are getting an exceptional education and are well-prepared for the future."
- Protecting Our Environment
- Excerpt: "As someone who enjoys the outdoors, Ryan deeply understands the importance of maintaining our natural environment. Ryan believes in protecting Virginia’s natural resources so that they may be enjoyed for generations to come."
- Upholding the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Ryan is a strong supporter of our constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights."
McDougle was born in Hanover, Virginia on November 9, 1971. He is married to Beatriz G. McDougle.
- Sen. McDougle's website
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2007
- Ryan McDougle on Facebook
- Ryan McDougle on Twitter
|Virginia Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|