|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 4
Dunlop has been an Alderperson in the City of DePere, 2004-2008. He is currently a Commissioner on the Governor's Commission on the United Nations.
He is currently an International Recruitment Specialist at St. Norbert College. He graduated from St. Norbert in 2005 with a B.A. in English and Political Science.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
He was defeated by Republican Chad Weininger in the November 2 general election. Also defeated was Independent Brad Sauer. Dunlop defeated, in the primary election, Jeff Korenak and Joel Opperman. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 4 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Sam Dunlop (D)||1,072||68.37%|
|Joel M. Opperman (D)||308||19.64%|
|Jeff Korenak (D)||188||11.99%|
Dunlop explains in his campaign's website that "People need to come before politics And progress needs to come before party." He lists his proposals as:
- "Tax Credits for individuals & small businesses who improve and increase their energy efficiency.
- Smoke-Free public environments to protect our children and workers.*
- Eliminate Madison control of local spending."
- Restore passenger rail service to the Green Bay area." 
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Dunlop on Facebook
- Dunlop on Twitter
- Dunlop on LinkedIn
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |