For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York State Assembly District 144|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Hoyt's past political experiences include being part of the national campaign staff to Dukakis for President and advanced team coordinator for Mondale for President. Hoyt's professional experience includes his work as director of sales and marketing for the Bisons baseball and as an aide to Sen. Daniel Moynihan.
Hoyt earned a BA in political science from State University of New York College at Buffalo and attended Ohio Wesleyan University. He and his wife, Constance, have two children; Clayton and Griffin.
Prior to leaving the New York State Assembly, he served on the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hoyt served on the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
Hoyt defeated Joseph Golombek, Jr. in the September 14 Democratic primary, but Golombek secured the nomination of the Conservative Party. Hoyt defeated Golombek and Republican Brian R. Biggie in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 144 2010|
|Sam Hoyt (D)||16,610|
|Brian R. Biggie (R)||8,469|
|Joseph Golombek, Jr. (C)||6,068|
On November 4, 2008 Hoyt won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 144, defeating opponent Sheila Ferrentino (R).
Hoyt raised $429,133 for his campaign while Ferrentino raised $4,170.
|New York State Assembly, District 144 2008|
|Sam Hoyt (D)||30,228|
|Sheila Ferrentino (R)||12,418|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Sam Hoyt
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 144
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |