Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 97|
|Missouri House Of Representatives, District 90|
Komo has worked as a Chief Shop Steward for Fenton Chrysler Plant. He served on the Northwest School District Board from 1998-2001.
Komo is a member of the High Ridge Veterans of Foreign Wars Men's Auxiliary, Jefferson County Labor Club, Joachim Masonic Lodge and Moolah Shriners, Northwest Chamber of Commerce, and United Auto Workers. He is married and has one child.
Komo's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Get Missouri Moving
- Excerpt:"My number one goal is to attract new jobs and to help existing businesses to expand in our county and state."
- Excerpt:"Our local schools are the best hope that our children and grandchildren have for accomplishing their dreams, securing a career and having a good life."
Respect The Will Of The People
- Excerpt:"When voters passed a law to ban puppy mills by 62% in the district our current Representative immediately voted to Overturn the vote of the people. I believe the Will Of The People must be respected by our elected representatives!"
Keep Missouri’s Budget Balanced
- Excerpt:"Unlike the Federal Government, Missouri is required to have a balanced budget. This requirement, to live within our means, helps Missouri to remain solvent and to maintain excellent bond ratings."
An Open Government That Doesn’t Intrude
- Excerpt:"We need completely open and transparent government that supports the needs of the citizens without overstepping the authority given to them by the voters. We need to end the practice of backroom deals and reduce the influence of special interest money."
Komo ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 97. Komo ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by District 90 incumbent John McCaherty (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 97, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John McCaherty Incumbent||51.9%||7,814|
Sam Komo raised $34,686 for his campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 90|
|Sam Komo (D)||12,612||100.0%|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Sam Komo's 2008 campaign.
|90th Democratic Legislative District CMTE||$3,746|
|Life Science Fund of Kansas City Chamber||$1,500|
|Supporters of Health Research & Treatments||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sam + Komo + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives - Rep. Sam Komo
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Komo
- "komo4missouri," Official Campaign Website
- Missouri Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Missouri Secretary of State - Unofficial primary results
- Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Komo's 2008 campaign contributions
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
|Missouri State House District 90
| Succeeded by|