Delegate Nixon speaking on unemployment insurance
Nixon is the Practice Manager of The Computer Solution Company, Inc, and has previously served as Director of Business Development for The Whitlock Group, and as President for Strategic Information Systems, Inc.
Nixon's official website lists his priorities as, "Creating and Protecting Jobs," "Supporting a Comprehensive Energy Plan," "Improving Access to Health Care," "Enhancing Public Education," "Defending the Second Amendment," and "Protecting Innocent Life."
His answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. He did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- Commerce and Labor Committee, Virginia House
- Health, Welfare and Institutions Committee, Virginia House (Vice Chair)
- Science and Technology Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Welfare
- HB 1882 Richmond Metropolitan Authority (RMA); revises composition of Board of Directors.
- HB 1885 Telephone regulatory alternatives; determination of competitiveness.
- HB 1889 Unemployment benefits; minimum earnings requirement, extended benefits.
The top 5 donors to Nixon's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Dominion $4,250
- 2. Verizon $4,000
- 3. VA BankPAC $3,000
- 4. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield $2,500
- 5. VA Hospital & Healthcare Assoc $2,500
- Delegate Sam Nixon official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Nixon
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007, 2005, 2003
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Nixon
- Sam Nixon Sam's Position on Key Issues"
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Nixon Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Follow the Money - 2007 Campaign Contributions
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |