Difference between revisions of "Sam Roberts"
m (Text replace - '==Campaign Donors==' to '==Campaign donors==')
|Line 96:||Line 96:|
Revision as of 22:41, 11 March 2012
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 119|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Associate's||Onondaga Community College|
Roberts was formerly a legislator for Onondaga County from 1990 to 1999. He spent thirty years working for General Motors as a journeyman tool and die maker, and has been a member of the United Auto Workers Union for thirty five years.
Roberts received his associate's degree from Onondaga Community College and a certificate in Labor Studies from Cornell University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Roberts has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York State Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Roberts defeated Jane Fahey-Suddaby and Philip LaTessa in the September 14 Democratic primary. Roberts defeated John Sharon (R), Christina Fitch (Conservative) and Michael Donnelly (Green) in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 119 2010|
|Sam Roberts (D)||19,589|
|John Sharon (R)||11,562|
|Christina Fitch (C)||3,585|
|Michael Donnelly (G)||1,229|
In 2010, Roberts raised a total of $116,636 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Roberts, Samuel D||$10,000|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$5,000|
|Civil Service Employees Association||$5,000|
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|New York Assembly - District 119
| Succeeded by|