|New York State Assembly District 119|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Associates||Onondaga Community College|
Roberts was formerly a legislator for Onondaga County from 1990 to 1999. He spent thirty years working for General Motors as a journeyman tool and die maker, and has been a member of the United Auto Workers Union for thirty five years.
Roberts received his associate's degree from Onondaga Community College and a certificate in Labor Studies from Cornell University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Roberts has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York State Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Roberts ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 128. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He defeated John W. Sharon in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 128, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John W. Sharon||35%||17,703|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Roberts defeated Jane Fahey-Suddaby and Philip LaTessa in the September 14 Democratic primary. Roberts defeated John Sharon (R), Christina Fitch (Conservative) and Michael Donnelly (Green) in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 119 2010|
|Sam Roberts (D)||19,589|
|John Sharon (R)||11,562|
|Christina Fitch (C)||3,585|
|Michael Donnelly (G)||1,229|
In 2010, Roberts raised a total of $116,636 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Roberts, Samuel D||$10,000|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$5,000|
|Civil Service Employees Association||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Sam + Roberts + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|New York Assembly - District 119
| Succeeded by|