Difference between revisions of "Sam Singh"
m (Text replace - "the general election which took place on November 6, 2012" to "the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012")
m (Text replace - ".]</ref>" to "]</ref>")
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
|Editdate=June 11, 2013
|Editdate=June 11, 2013
|link=<ref>[http://followthemoney.org/database/uniquecandidate.phtml?uc=1413804 ''Follow the Money'', "Singh, Sam." Retrieved June 11, 2013
|link=<ref>[http://followthemoney.org/database/uniquecandidate.phtml?uc=1413804 ''Follow the Money'', "Singh, Sam." Retrieved June 11, 2013]</ref>
Revision as of 08:30, 26 March 2014
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Mayor of East Lansing|
|East Lansing City Council|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University, 1994|
Singh earned his B.A. from Michigan State University in 1994. His professional experience includes working as a senior consultant at the New Economy Initiative, president and CEO at Michigan Nonprofit Association, and consultant at Public Policy Associates.
Singh's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Michigan must reverse its current trend of cutting funding to our schools. We cannot compete in the global economy if our students are falling behind. Sam knows that a quality education should be accessible to everyone, regardless of financial background, so that all children will have an opportunity to achieve success."
- Excerpt: "Michigan is uniquely positioned in a number of industries including advanced manufacturing, alternative energy, information technology and global trade. The only thing holding us back from being world leaders is our lack of investment and commitment to these industries. Sam knows that we can and must do better in order to grow the industries in our own back yard."
- Excerpt: "Sam believes that we need to set a long term plan for clean energy and energy consumption. Creating a plan that looks to the near and distant future creates stability and helps us structure our decisions. We need to commit to investing in alternative and green energy jobs as a way to diversify our economy and secure our long-term conservation efforts."
- Excerpt: "Sam strongly condemns the attacks on organizations that provide health and counseling services to women. Regulating women’s bodies through legislation to score cheap political points is wrong. Partner benefits, second parent adoption and marriage equality are important issues to the LGBT community and the cause of social justices."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Singh served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
Singh won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 69. He defeated Susan Schmidt in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Susan McGillicuddy (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Singh is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Singh raised a total of $195,547 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 11, 2013.
|Sam Singh's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 69||$195,547|
|Grand Total Raised||$195,547|
2012Singh won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Singh raised a total of $195,547.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sam Singh's campaign in 2012|
|Operating Engineers Local 324||$5,000|
|Michigan Auto Workers||$5,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 333||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$195,547|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sam + Singh + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money profile
- votesmart.org, "Samir 'Sam' Singh's Biography"
- "votesamsingh," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Singh, Sam." Retrieved June 11, 2013
Mark Meadows (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |