|Michigan House of Representatives District 69|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Mayor of East Lansing|
|East Lansing City Council|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University, 1994|
Singh's professional experience includes working as a senior consultant at the New Economy Initiative, president and CEO at Michigan Nonprofit Association, and consultant at Public Policy Associates. He earned his B.A. from Michigan State University in 1994.
Singh's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Michigan must reverse its current trend of cutting funding to our schools. We cannot compete in the global economy if our students are falling behind. Sam knows that a quality education should be accessible to everyone, regardless of financial background, so that all children will have an opportunity to achieve success."
- Excerpt:"Michigan is uniquely positioned in a number of industries including advanced manufacturing, alternative energy, information technology and global trade. The only thing holding us back from being world leaders is our lack of investment and commitment to these industries. Sam knows that we can and must do better in order to grow the industries in our own back yard."
- Excerpt:"Sam believes that we need to set a long term plan for clean energy and energy consumption. Creating a plan that looks to the near and distant future creates stability and helps us structure our decisions. We need to commit to investing in alternative and green energy jobs as a way to diversify our economy and secure our long-term conservation efforts."
- Excerpt:"Sam strongly condemns the attacks on organizations that provide health and counseling services to women. Regulating women’s bodies through legislation to score cheap political points is wrong. Partner benefits, second parent adoption and marriage equality are important issues to the LGBT community and the cause of social justices."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Singh served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
Singh won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 69. He defeated Susan Schmidt in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Susan McGillicuddy (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sam + Singh + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Singh's website
- Biography from Project Votesmart
- Legislative profile from Project Votesmart
- Follow the Money
Mark Meadows (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |