|Wisconsin State Assembly District 66|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Rep. Kerkman speaking at a Memorial Day celebration
Kerkman is a member of Burlington Area Chamber of Commerce, Kenosha Area Business Alliance, Powers Lake Sportsmen Club, Randall Fire Department Auxiliary, Saint Alphonsus Catholic Church, Post 544- Twin Lakes American Legion Auxiliary, Twin Lakes Chamber and Area Business Association, and Auxiliary Post 5830- Veterans of Foreign Wars.
On his official campaign site Kerkman lists her views on a number of issues, including:
- Building Wisconsin‘s Economy – "We need to continue to grow our economy and help businesses have the opportunity to create jobs. I supported legislation to give local governments the tools they need to attract and retain companies in Wisconsin."
- Seniors – "I voted for legislation that would eliminate taxes on pension income making it more affordable to stay in Wisconsin."
- Education – "I have made it my mission to visit the great schools in my district over the past eight years. This has given me the knowledge to fight to continue our commitment for funding K-12 education at a record level of $12.3 billion over the next two years."
- Health Care – "I believe access to affordable health care is critical to the residents of Wisconsin. I’ve worked to ensure that eligibility and benefits for Medical Assistance, Badger-Care and SeniorCare are protected."
- Taxes – "I continue to work to hold the line on tax increases. I supported the continuation of the property tax freeze on local governments. Levy increases are limited to 3.86% or net new growth."
Kerkman did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Audit Committee
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee
- Ways and Means Committee
- Audit Committee, Wisconsin Legislature
- Special Committee on Emergency Management and Continuity of Government
- Special Committee on Municipal Annexation
- Special Committee on Continuity of Legislative Operations
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-155 Alcohol beverages knowingly provided to 18, 19, or 20 year old on a licensed premise: penalties created if the underage person suffers great bodily harm or death
- AB-192 Highway construction or maintenance worker: intentionally causing bodily harm to made a felony
- AB-280 Computer used in the commission of a crime is subject to forfeiture, contraband provision removed; law enforcement agency may retain, donate, or sell it
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Kerkman's 2008 campaign:
- 1. WI Builders Assoc $500
- 2. Metropolitan Milwaukee Assoc of Commerce $500
- 3. John Deere & Co $500
- 4. Republican Party of Kenosha County $500
- 5. Northwestern Mutual Life $500
- Official campaign site
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Samantha Kerkman
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Twitter profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Kerkman
- Vote Samantha Kerkman Issues
- Project Vote Smart - Assm. Kerkman Issue Positions
- [ Wisconsin Legislature - Bills sponsored by Samantha Kerkman]
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |