Same-sex marriage measures raised over $100 million in 2008
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida: In 2008, voters in Arizona, Arkansas, California and Florida decided on four same-sex rights related measures. A new report by the National Institute on Money in State Politics, revealed that a total of $101.1 million was raised on the same-sex rights measures. Despite the nearly even split in contributions in the four states, voters approved measures that restricted or denied same-sex rights.
- Arkansas Unmarried Couple Adoption Ban (2008)
- California Proposition 8 (2008)
- Florida Marriage Amendment (2008)
- Marriage ballot measures
- National Institute on Money in State Politics,"The Money Behind the 2008 Same-Sex Partnership Ballot Measures," November 19, 2009
- Follow the Money,"$101.1 Million Raised Around Same-Sex Partnership Ballot Measures in 2008," November 18, 2009