Samuel Smith (Pennsylvania)
|Pennsylvania State House District 66|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Smith earned his BA in Journalism from Pennsylvania State University in 1978. He has worked in the following positions: Roofing Contractor, Pennsylvania Department of Revenue employee, and Advertising Sales.
Smith joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1987. He has served in that position since, representing the 66th District. He currently serves as Minority Floor Leader, but in the 2011 session he will serve as Speaker of the House.
Smith won re-election to the 66th District Seat in 2010. He was unopposed in the May 18 Republican primary and defeated Democrat Dennis Peck and independent Luther Yoas, Sr. in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 66|
|Samuel Smith (R)||11,562||67.9%|
|Dennis Peck (D)||3,620||21.3%|
|Luther Yoas, Sr. (I)||1,844||10.8%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 66|
|Sam Smith (R)||15,504||67.5%|
|Samy Elmasry (D)||7,476||32.5%|
Smith and his wife, Donna, have two children.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Smith
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- "State House Elects Sam Smith as Speaker," Pennsylvania Independent, JANUARY 4, 2011
- "Republican Caucus Chooses Smith, Turzai, Saylor as New House Leaders," Pennsylvania Independent, November 9, 2010
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |