San Francisco Elimination of Pay Guarantees for Muni Operators, Proposition G (November 2010)
A San Francisco Elimination of Pay Guarantees for Municipal Workers from the City Charter ballot proposition is very likely to be on the November 2, 2010 ballot for voters in San Francisco as an initiated city charter amendment.
San Francisco superintendent Sean Elsbernd is a leading force behind the initiative.
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (MUNI), the agency that supervises the muni operators, projected a $16.9 million deficit through June 30, 2010, and a $53 million deficit for the fiscal year that began on July 1, 2010.
Path to the ballot
Supporters turned in 74,884 signatures to qualify the measure for the ballot in early July.
- Website of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (MUNI)
- Fix Muni Now, website of the campaign in favor of the initiative
- "Local ballot measure campaigns reach the finish line", July 6, 2010
- San Francisco Chronicle, "Muni operators want supe's ballot measure off the table", February 23, 2010
- San Francisco Appeal, "Money, Muni Fuel Successful "Fix Muni" Petition Drive", July 1, 2010